Driving to Powell's in Portland on the day after Thanksgiving!
First stop for Xander: the cafe for a cookie.
He got a couple new books and loved thisWhere The Wild Things Are window display.
Then we headed up to the Pearl District on the street car and ate lunch at McMenamin's. (Xander's telling Michael a line from one of his books, on how to act properly in a restaurant: "Be neat, be quiet, and don't put your feet on the table!")
Horsing around with some street art. Heh.(Terrible puns, I'm full of 'em!)
The only picture of backpacking Clare that I took. Oops.
Riding the street car back to where we parked.
Hanging out in the hipster hotel lobby connected to Stumptown Coffee Roasters. (Kate, do you recognize this lobby?? It couldn't look more different, but this is where you stayed 10 years ago.)
X looks a bit devious here, doesn't he? He's about to teach Clare one of his long-time favorite games.
"Gimme five. To the side. Up high. Down real low..."
"Too slow!"
2 comments:
Love that last picture. And, me Kate? That dark, depressing, lonely hole that I stayed in?...
Yup, you Kate. That horrible little place, where I felt like I was leaving you behind in a scene from "Drugstore Cowboy." I think I cried halfway back to Bellingham.
I miss you. :) xo
Post a Comment