Thursday, June 10, 2010


Drawing his new garbage truck on a thank you card for Grandpa Bill.
His best drawing to date!


At the neighborhood park. The sunshine returned this week,
at least part-time.


"Grilling" outside alongside Michael.


Yesterday was Xander's last day at preschool (tomorrow is his official last day, but we're all meeting at a state park, so this was the last day in his classroom.) And yes, I did secretly shed a couple of tears.


Growth chart from the beginning of the year, updated last week.


A sign posted at the science table with some of the kids' predictions.


Teacher Kaylene made each child a special photo album of pictures
from the school year. So fantastic.


Xander loves it, of course.


And then Teacher Kaylene opened some presents from the class,
including this class photo signed by all the kids.


Michael came for snack and the last circle time.


Xander loves this pile of rocks. He watched a truck deliver them a couple months ago so Prairie (the parent volunteer in charge of all the building and grounds maintenance) could fill parking lot potholes. Xander talks about these rocks. A lot. He even made a card for Prairie yesterday, thanking him for all the hard work he's done this year to make the school beautiful. The last line he had me write was: "I love the new bark and rocks."


It was my day to parent-help, so we were the last to leave the school after clean-up. Kiri followed Xander up to the top of the rock pile and I told them to act like they like each other so I could take a photo.


I'm so, so glad that Kiri and Xander somehow, amazingly, each landed
one of only nine available spots in their kindergarten class this fall.
The lottery gods were smiling upon them.


No comments: