Monday, January 23, 2012

Winter Storm 2012

I'd guess we got about 10 inches?


Clare watching Xander and the neighbors build a snow ramp in our yard.

Xander spent hours out playing in the snow.

Clare wanted to pose for funny photos while enjoying her post-snow play hot chocolate.

Who am I to refuse?

This big branch came down from one of the trees behind our house. I thought it just fell straight down and I was relieved that it missed the house (though it did graze the back stoop steps). What you couldn't really tell until it started to thaw was that the branch actually somehow flipped around during its fall and landed with the part that was attached to the tree resting at our doorstep. Yikes!

Icy tree in our front yard on Wednesday night.


We were so lucky -- we never lost power for more than a few seconds at a time. We did lose cable, Internet, and cellphone coverage, but having heat and electricity trumped (almost) any feeling of inconvenience. The kids did as well as could be expected; there were lots of concerts, much playing with trains, playing house, playing baseball. And a little bit of bickering. Just a little. (Yeah, right.)

No comments: