Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Clare has decided to spend the summer sleeping in her closet. Weirdo.
National Anthem.
Xander used to keep all the foul balls he chased down at Bells games;
now he knows he can turn them in for a box of Skittles at the concession stand.
Clare's favorite part of the Bells game.
Her second favorite part.
Xander and some of his friends from school high five Dinger.
Aunt Rachele hit it out of the ballpark (pun intended)
with this gift she sent to Xander shortly after the kids got back home.
And Clare has slept with this monkey ever since it arrived.

Sometimes I look outside and Xander is playing catch with our neighbor.
He's a great neighbor. :)

Looks comfortable, doesn't it?
"In case I lose a pair!"
Arriving at farm camp with double eye protection.


We surprised the kids with a basketball hoop.
It was a bit hit. HUGE.
Taking a breather on the bench.
Waiting out a few 4th of July rain showers.

Making childhood memories.
Emily was entertaining us all with an app that takes a photo of a person
(in this case, Clare) and shows what they'll look like when they're very old.
It was a hoot.
Heading to campus to watch the fireworks.
It was a great holiday and I hope we've started a new tradition
of celebrating with the Winters.
All legs, this one.
The first -- and, I'm sure, only -- time Michael cut Xander's hair.
The Lombardi Trophy came through Bellingham
and of course Xander and I had to go see it.


Four weeks of swim lessons began last week at the same place
we loved so much last year.
Can you tell he's happy to be back?

Posing for pictures for Anya.








Clare and I went to the Sunnyland Stomp Chicken Races on one
of the hottest days of the summer so far.
Hanging out with Anya before swim lessons this morning.

He walks around the house like this pretty often,
pretending to be a professional athlete all dressed up and traveling to his
next game. He's also turned his bedroom into a hotel room and
the basement into a locker room.

No comments: