Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sledge Family Road Trip 2016

Caravan to Lake Ponderosa.
My first time back at the lake in 30 year.s Looking oh-so-different and yet exactly as I remember it.
The kids spent hours on the slide and lily pad.


With my childhood friend Bobi's daughter, Laney.


Bobi was such a good sport to go out with Clare -- they were on that thing for well over an hour!
Daredevil Laney.

Clare got thrown at one point, but was all smiles and ready to climb right back on. 






We were up at dawn the next day and drove the boys straight to Miller Park in Milwaukee for their first baseball game of the road trip.
Always loves to explore stadiums.


Clare and I hung out with Kate and her daughters while the boys were at the game, then we met back up at our Airbnb -- a super-cute duplex.
Getting ready for the drive to Chicago and his first game at Wrigley. 
I don't know who was more excited...
While the boys watched the Mariners lose spectacularly to the Cubs, Kate, Annie, Neve, Clare and I explored downtown Milwaukee.
 
Discovery World was a huge hit all around.
Meanwhile, Xander got some great Mariners autographs.






I wish we could spend every Friday night playing cards and grilling out in Kate and Jeff's back yard.

Another day, anther Cubs game.
This time, with Jeff in tow!
More autographs.
Mariners win! 
Kate took us to a cute Irish pub and guest house that's named after Clare's namesake.
Playing along the lake.


No comments: