Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sledge Family Road Trip 2017: Newport & Crescent City

A boy and his sleep mask.


We headed out for breakfast at Pig-n-Pancake, and then headed to the Yaquina Head Lighthouse.







Back to the beach!


We headed into the Bayfront area of town and had dinner at Rogue Brewery.

Then we wandered around the Nye Beach area, and Clare did her best to keep me from getting a photo of the lovely view.

The kids watched a movie before we headed back down to...you guessed it...the beach!


I'd written "SLEDGE" in the sand in the afternoon, and we returned to find someone had added "HAMMER."


The fam climbing back up to the hotel.



More Crazy Eights before bed.

Walking down to Georgie's for breakfast.

  
One last walk along the beach -- and one last hot chocolate from the never-ending stream in the hotel lobby...


It was a gray drive along the coast for a good part of our drive south to Crescent City.

We pulled over to this little sand dunes vista spot, where I spectacularly lost my footing and scraped up my knee horribly. (I was otherwise fine.)

I don't think that's how a travel pillow works...



Made it to Crescent City and had dinner at SeaQuake Brewery.

Played a little cornhole outside after eating.

Then we headed to the nearby Battery Point Lighthouse.


Pool time!

Followed by: Card time!

No comments: