Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Lights, Camera, Action!

The kids (and I) had such an adventure this afternoon! They got to shoot a scene with Hand Crank Films for a trailer for Pickford Film Center -- a little Wes Anderson-esque love letter to Bellingham. This photo was taken from up above the falls, while we waited for the crew to get everything set up below.
After our trek down a steep trail to the base of the falls.
Yes, there is a reason that gentleman (their co-star, Tim) is sitting there sipping espresso.
We'd never been down here before, under the bridge. It was really cool!
Waiting around while they shot the first scene with just Tim.
Xander had asked me on our way over if there would be a clacker and I told him I didn't know. There sure was!
More waiting...
Observing.
Getting their props from the director.

Taking direction and learning their craft on the fly.
They did such a great job! It'll be fun to see the final product (and their 5 seconds of fame).



No comments: