Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sledge Family Road Trip 2017: San Francisco

Our first of three In-N-Out stops during the trip.

We popped into the Francis Ford Coppola Winery for a bit.

Waiting outside with Michael while I did a bit of shopping inside. Unfortunately, I missed the movie memorabilia area of the sprawling place -- I could have seen the desk used in the famous opening scene of The Godfather!

Almost there!


Checking out our lovely Airbnb apartment. It was so great!

We had pizza at a local place that's supposedly some of the best in the city.

Trying to fit in -- or obvious tourists?


Waiting outside our Airbnb for our Uber to arrive. Vacationing has changed a lot since the last time I was in San Francisco in 2000!

Breakfast at Tartine!

Walking through the Mission.

Hanging out in line, waiting to ride the cable car.


Waited nearly 90 minutes!

But it was worth it. The kids thought it was pretty great.

I get this face a lot when snapping photos of Ms. Clare.

This one is always happy to smile for the camera.


When we got to Fisherman's Wharf, we stopped into the Maritime Museum. The kids loved it. 

Clare's favorite thing in San Francisco...

...the sea lions!



Apparently not yet too old to want to ride a carousel.

We found the store for Xander!

Headed up to Coit Tower next.

Amazing views from up there.

Walking and talking, on our way to North Beach.


Had to take the kids to City Lights.

And Chinatown!




Clare and I waiting in Union Square while the boys did some window shopping.

Dinner at Sunset Reservoir Brewing Company.

These two goofballs caught a second wind on our post-dinner drive to Lands End.

Clare made a funny.

Gorgeous views from Lands End!






No comments: