Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sledge Family Road Trip 2017: San Francisco Day Two

We popped down to the neighborhood Starbucks for coffee and breakfast during a morning of planning how we would change our trip itinerary, since wildfires in Oregon made Crater Lake less appealing. We hope to go another time. 
Our Uber into the city took us right by the boys' ultimate destination later in the day: AT&T Park!


Clare wanted to see the sea lions again, so we happily went to see the sea lions again.


We then rode a 1940s-era trolley car down to the Ferry Building.


So many great lunch options here. Xander and I ate what I believe is the best burger I've ever had, while Michael had very California avocado toast, and Clare ate two peaches. :)

Had to steal this from Xander's Instagram story, what with his love of saying G.O.A.T. -- Greatest Of All Time. This statue was in the very cool Salesforce lobby, which is open to the street. We explored it a bit before heading on to...

SFMOMA! I visited many years ago and loved it, and was hopeful the rest of the family would feel the same. They did!




Making some art of their own at an interactive exhibit.










There were so many cool exhibits, but I think this was my favorite. The porcelain bowls, floating on water, gently glide into one another and ricochet off, making the most lovely chiming sounds.




On a 7th-floor deck of the museum.




We walked to the Lego store after SFMOMA, so Clare could buy herself a little something. X changed his outfit and was ready for the rest of their night.

Off they went to see the Cubs play the Giants.

Meanwhile, Clare and I grabbed the BART back to our neighborhood.

Another photo yanked from X's Instagram account.





No comments: