Monday, August 12, 2019

Summer 2019 Road Trip: Days 4-6

"Hey, Mom -- take a picture. I'm a teenager!"

Yup.

We took the back highway from Oregon to California.

Our first glimpse of Shasta.

And the view from the opposite side as we pulled into Mount Shasta.


Lunch at our hotel before check-in.

Off to explore some area waterfalls.







Our hotel was so weirdly and wonderfully '70s. I loved it!

Best pool ever.

Fantastic outdoor dinner.

Heading up to the mountain the next morning.



Pictures just can't do it justice. It was breathtaking.


Unfortunately, the road going higher up was closed, but we still did a bit of exploring.


The area in town where folks come and collect the cleanest, most delicious water I've ever had.

Look closely and you'll see Clare cannonballing into the empty pool.


One last stop on our way out of Shasta to fill up our water bottles. 

A must-stop.


We also did a quick stop at my friend's cousin's winery. The kids enjoyed Capri Suns on an outdoor patio while Michael and I did a tasting and bought a couple bottles of really good wine to keep for a special occasion.

Checking out the renovations to our favorite Newport hotel since our last visit.

The view from our balcony.

The teenager teenaging.

If there's a brewery, we must go...





Heading down to the beach after dinner.


My people.





Heading down again later, closer to sunset.






Clare was SO happy that the room included a pull-out couch for her brother to sleep on.

No comments: